fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Of course I'm driving around with an effing Christmas Tree in my trunk.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Of course I'm driving around with an effing Christmas Tree in my trunk.

Something happens when you work a shit ton of hours in the weeks leading up to Christmas.

You end up scrambling to get all of your Christmas shopping done in one day, and that one day ends up being only three days before Christmas.

Today being Sunday and the only day of the week I don't work, I slept in this morning. Waking up at eleven doesn't make for an industrious day, but around the middle of the afternoon I finally got my ass in gear enough to get dressed and leave the house.

Because I really needed to finish my Christmas shopping that I had started on Friday. Friday the 20th in case you want to pat yourself on the back for getting that shit done sooner than me. After I finished shopping for the Asshats I headed for Wal-mart to buy some gifts for the dogs.

Yes I do buy presents for my dog, he likes presents too! 

I grabbed a new stuffed toy for Louie with a squeaker because he loves his squeakers. A Wubba and some Kong squeaky balls for Asshat #1's dog Jackson, who will actually fetch like a real dog. I started to get worried because I was spending more on Jackson and he isn't even my dog. Maybe Louie would get upset and start to think I loved Jackson more. Then I smacked myself in the forehead, because they are dogs and could care less how much money I spend on them.

Which is how I ended up buying a tree at 4:30 pm - only 3 effing days before Christmas.

PS I didn't really drive around with a tree in my trunk - I picked it up on my way home from Christmas shopping.

PPS I really hope Louie doesn't think I love Jackson more, He's my favorite even if he won't fetch.

PPPS I ended up giving Louie his gift early because he saw the Wal-mart bag and kept guarding it from Miss Kitty.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on being so efficient! I've gone out a few times and I'm still not finished.
    Merry Christmas! Or Squeakmas for the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desperation breeds efficiency! Louie has been loving up his Lambchop. His new receiver collar for the underground pet fence not so much.

      Delete
  2. We generally don't do a lot of Christmas shopping, but what little we did do this year, we actually got done earlier than usual. As for giving Louie his gift early, you know you're now obligated to go back & buy him his real Christmas present, since this one no longer counts. It's more of a Pre-Christmas-teaser-gift now. Sorry, thems the rules. On the bright side, now Louie won't be jealous over how much you spent on Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every year I get a little later on the shopping. This year took the cake though - I'm hoping by next Christmas I'll have a different job.

      Delete
  3. So let me get this straight - you have a retriever - that won't retrieve???? I'm glad I'm not the only one with defective pets (haha)! In true Canadian fashion, did you cut the tree down yourself with the axe in your trunk? I always wonder these things . . . anyway Merry Christmas and glad to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a retriever that won't touch a ball unless it squeaks and then it's only to walk around with it in his mouth squeaking it.

    He will chase a frisbee though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just went shopping on Sunday. I still have another gift to buy too. Which means i be at the mall on Xmas eve. I can't wait for this to be over.

    Stay safe out there

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to work Christmas Eve - somehow I got lucky enough to arrive home in time to throw lasagna in the oven and even have a short nap before my family came for dinner.

      I hope you survived the mall on Christmas Eve - I've been there and people can get downright feral.

      Delete
  6. Which is why I have an artificial tree and have an agreement with my family that we aren't exchanging gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which makes you the most sensible pickle out there. I didn't really buy much - some gift cards (hello, lets just throw money at each other), pajamas and boxers for my boys and a few other things - notably bedding for the youngest. It could have been great, except I bought bedding for his single bed and his dad gave him a new double bed for Christmas.

      Delete
  7. I got my dog a present too. I even asked him if he liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even have to ask - Louie has been loving up his new Lambchop for a week now. We hid it when Jackson came to play so it wouldn't get caught in a tug of war. I used to have to do the same thing with some of my boys nicer toys when certain children came to play.

      Delete