fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: If I don't do Timmies, do they revoke my "I Am Canadian" card?

Friday, August 9, 2013

If I don't do Timmies, do they revoke my "I Am Canadian" card?

I've never really hopped on the Tim Horton's bandwagon. First, because for years Timmies did not take debit, and I don't do cash.

Yes, I'm that lady who whips out her debit card for a one dollar pack of gum.

Mostly it was just the sheer aggravation factor of not being able to get through that one stoplight on my way to work for all the assholes trying to get their morning caffeine fix.

Seriously people - can you not just go buy yourself a damn coffee maker?

Then it happened.

My new friend and I were driving by Timmies and he said "I could really go for an ice cap." Silly me, I turned around and we had Ice Caps.

On the phone three days later...

Me: Sluuuurp.

Him: That's not nice.

Me: You're the one who got me started.

Him: You can't have Ice Caps without me.

Me: It's your fault, I never did Timmies before.

Him: Really? You've been in Canada how long?

That would be my entire life - all 42 years of it.

Me: I never got into the Timmies thing before.

Do they revoke your "I Am Canadian" card when you admit you don't do Timmies or Hockey? I'm asking for a friend...

17 comments:

  1. I hate the dirty Tim Horton's with their shitty business practices and their crappy quality food. "Would you like a chicken panini with your coffee?"

    "No, I fucking well don't. I can read your menu board, and when I ask for a coffee, I just want a coffee."

    Needless to say that I don't spend my money there anymore. I get my coffee at Mac's now and it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really gotten the whole buying coffee by the cup thing. I know I'm going to drink a whole pot anyhow, so I just brew one. I also have the most awesome thermos and to-go cup, so I can take my coffee with me.

      Delete
  2. I just started drinking coffee two years ago, and I hate Dunkin' Donuts coffee. This makes me a shitty New Englander. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been a coffee addict for years - which is why I make my own. Why buy a cup when I can brew a whole pot for less?

      Delete
  3. I pay cash for everything. I'm always afraid my card will be rejected and I'll have to face the humiliation of putting everything back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I whip out my card for $1 as well. I never carry cash and it just happens sometimes. I'm sure there's a group for people who work registers to deal with people like us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There would have to be a group. Maybe a group for the people stuck behind people like us in lines as well.

      Delete
  5. I go to Tims because it's a bit of a treat as the nearest one is about 40 minutes away. Still though, I'm just usually getting a regular coffee, so anyplace would suffice.

    I think they'll let you keep being Canadian. I'll vouch for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just never got the whole Timmies experience. Until Ice Caps. Now I might be hooked even though I've always been of the Denis Leary persuasion and preferred my coffee to be "Coffee flavored coffee".

      Delete
  6. If they won't revoke my I am American Card for not liking hamburgers and cheap beer then I think you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! It was worrying me. I don't like hamburgers either - just Veggie burgers - because what else can a vegetarian do when they love hamburger toppings?

      Delete
  7. We don't have that here! My preference is small, local coffee shops so I can do my part at sticking up my middle finger to The Man, aka corporate coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of prefer my own coffee brewed in my own coffee pot and on days I'm really lucky, the opportunity to drink it in my PJ's.

      Delete
  8. Heehee! I had to look up Timmies and had a good laugh when I did! And learned something about international coffee, too. Very fulfilling visit here today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do coffee at all, can't be bothered with Timmies and hate maple syrup. I'm sure my Canuck card has been revoked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only time I do Tim's is when I come back from the USA (usually in the Toronto or Halifax Airport). I feel like I have to as part of my Canadianness. I love the taste of McD's coffee but prefer to save my money and use my Keurig.

    ReplyDelete