fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Getting Lucky

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Getting Lucky

On Friday I had a sudden craving for a Dr. Pepper, and not a diet Dr. Pepper either. I'll happily drink all of my other carbonated beverages sugar free and full of aspartame (who needs to remember shit anyhow) but not my Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper must at all times be the full calorie version.

So I stuck my Loonie in the pop machine and made my selection. Except instead of getting one can of syrupy sweet, icy cold Dr. Pepper goodness - I got two.

I figured at this point I should quit buying lottery tickets for the rest of my life. That had to have used up my life time supply of good luck.

But then today, I had another craving for 6 cups of sugar in a 2 cup can of carbonated beverage. I dropped my Loonie in the pop machine and got two cans of Dr. Pepper for the price of one again.

Best BOGO ever, but now I know I've used up all my good luck.

Except then I found a Sharpie marker in the wash machine and I got lucky again - it was a black marker in a load of all black clothes.

I did not win the lottery.

8 comments:

  1. I always figured stuff like that was karma for when the machine ate your dollar and was all like, no soda for you sucker! Although I have a rule called exact change only, because those machines that take fives and tens do nothing but eat them like candy and then refuse to dispense. Jerk soda robots. Who do they think they are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha!!! Love it. The black sharpie in the wash tho, that may have been my undoing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pop machine is in love with you - or maybe just making a pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasp* You dodged the Sharpie Madness? You ARE lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were you I would have purchased an extra lottery ticket the moment I found the black sharpie in the load of black laundry...more good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so NOT a blog reader, yet somehow I stumbled upon this and I've been sitting here reading your blog all day!! You've made me laugh so hard! I love your style of writing!! I'm really enjoying it, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me some Dr. Pepper. Best burps evuh!

    ReplyDelete