fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Why my feet are always wet.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Why my feet are always wet.

I live in a small house. 1200 square feet or thereabouts. The largest room in the house is my bedroom - which has a queen sized bed, a king sized desk and a washer and dryer. The amount of floor space not consumed by furnishings is minimal.

I share this square footage with 2 adult sized males (size really doesn't count here - they make more mess than a couple of toddlers) two cats and the dogs.

When I brought MY dog home as a puppy Louie was a dream come true. Mellow and calm - he practically trained himself. In fact I'm convinced he must have trained himself because they (the Asshats) aren't housebroken yet and I've been trying for 20 years.

Then Asshat #1 brought Jackson home.

It's blurry because he is NEVER STILL!
Jackson is a German Shepherd puppy. He's not a bad puppy - but he's definitely a puppy. At least once a week I come home to a disemboweled stuffie in my living room. Toys that Louie had been gently cherishing for months and even years become shreds of fabric, tumbleweeds of stuffing and stray squeakers. 

In other words - Jackson is the puppy I never gave birth too, because he is EXACTLY like my boys. Loveable but overwhelmingly in my face.


This is supposed to be the dog's water dish, but Jackson just tips it over or drags it around the house when we fill it.


So this is Jackson's water dish. Not such a bad deal for a dog - with three adult sized people in the house the water is fresh - at least when I'm home. (I'm convinced I'm the only person in the house who knows how the flusher works).

Except...

Have you ever watched a horse drink? They tend to stick their whole face in the water and then as they're walking away let the last mouthful just fall out of their mouths.

Must be the long neck.

Anyhow, Jackson likes to  let the last mouthful pour dribble out as he runs to the kitchen. Which in my house is only about 12 feet. So there is only 12' of floor for my socks to mop water from but my feet seem to find every last drop of toilet water. Toilet water that may or may not contain shit particles.

It's been over a month since I had dry socks.

10 comments:

  1. Cute blur! That is worse than the wet in my house. For sure. The wet in my house is caused by my baby, most of our pictures of HER are always blurry, for the same reason. She loves to "test" the spill-proofness of her sippy cups, by THROWING them down on the floor repeatedly until the mechanism that makes them spill-proof dislodges and milk or water vomits all over the kitchen floor. I've had to start wearing slippers or shoes, IN MY OWN HOUSE, just b/c I'm sick of wet socks. It's not toilet water, though, so there's that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really doesn't matter how your socks get wet, if you've raised kids or pets some mental glitch always makes you feel like you've stepped in pee.

      Delete
  2. I have a Jack Russell puppy (like four months old) that thinks the water dish is something you SWIM in versus, you know - actually drinking it. I can't explain the hatred I feel when he runs in the living room soaking wet, meaning I have water to clean up in three rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackson has tried to swim in the toilet bowl.

      Delete
  3. And HOW long until he and the dog move out, again? It's too cold to keep them outside, right? (I mean AH1 and Jackson.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November 21st is the magic day. It's way too cold outside for Jackson but probably fine for AH1

      Delete
  4. The wet floors in our home (or at least half of it) can be attributed to the toilet as well. Not because of any any dog, mind you. We don't have one. It's because the tank that fills it always ends up broken, one way or another, no matter how many times the plumber changes the parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my share of toilet troubles - generally caused by the Asshats. Like the time they flushed a potato down the toilet.

      Delete
  5. Yup this is why I always get adult dogs and not puppies. They come pre-trained and everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My golden was never as busy as this guy. Of course he's not so mellow with a puppy to play with all day long.

      Delete