fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Friends are like panties, and I've got one that covers my butt when I need her to.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Friends are like panties, and I've got one that covers my butt when I need her to.






Sometimes friends really are like panties - the ones that cover your butt when you need them to. Like when your friend knows you're working ridiculous hours and cuts your lawn for you. And weeds your flower beds. And weedwacks.

Especially the weeding and weedwacking. The weedwacker is the work of the devil as far as I'm concerned. Unless you happen to be the type of person who enjoys having grass, stones, and plant juice flung at you at high velocity.

It's an even better friend who does all of the above when you can't remember the last time you did dog shit duty around the yard.

This is also the friend that's been there for me throughout The Polish Guy's defection. The one who has come over expecting to have a nice cup of tea and instead sat and listened to me - and let me tell you - I have not been Miss Suzy Sunshine. More like Sad Sue with a dash of Vengeful Vicky.

This grieving shit is hard. It's good to know I've got a friend who has my back and won't start bawling while I'm trying to hold it together.

I guess I'll forgive her for sitting in my chair that one time, even if it's not MY chair anymore.

6 comments:

  1. She's not just a friend; she's your person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. I suppose there is no way I could get her to weedwack my lawn too huh? :) Oh well I suppose I could always ask Vengeful Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure Vengeful Vicky hates the weedwacker too. However if she were in better shape she'd love to spend hours swinging an axe. Or the two swings it would take to have her gasping for air...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I've really got to get my landscaping more low maintenance. Or better yet - no maintenance.

      Delete