fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Frito blocked - it's worse than getting cock blocked.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Frito blocked - it's worse than getting cock blocked.

I've had issues with inanimate objects since I was old enough to run the vacuum (grudgingly I'm sure my mother would say). Trying to get that stupid effing retractable cord to retract was always a bitch. I would give it that little tug that was supposed to make the vacuum cleaner suck the cord back up into it's bowels. Inevitably there would be two inches of cord still sticking out of the vacuum's butt, so I would give it another little tug and then have four inches and so it would go until the entire cord was once again pulled out. Pissed off, probably red faced with frustration I would give it one more tug and have the cord retract so violently the plug would try to cut me off at the ankles.

The end of 2013 ran true to form.

First I got Frito blocked. It's kind of like getting cock blocked - only worse. For the longest time plain Frito's have only been available in the full sized bag. For some reason Frito Lay had decreed that the single serving sized bag of Frito's would only be available in barbecue flavor. So I had to resort to buying full sized bags whenever I wanted that greasy fat and salt laden treat. With zero will power of course I ate all the Frito's. Then suddenly the vending machine at work had single serve bags of Frito's. I still ate all the Frito's but only one serving (per day at least). Then came the day I was craving greasy salty goodness and went to the vending machine to find this.


In behind that bag of Hickory Sticks - which are NOT Frito's - is an entire row of single serve bags of Frito's. Plain Frito's in all their salty greasy non-barbecue flavor. That bag of Hickory Sticks mocked me for two fucking weeks and would still be mocking me if the guy who restocks the vending machine hadn't rearranged things.

Then I bought a car. Getting rid of my old car should have put an end to the vehicular mockery. With it went the cracked windshield, the worn out wheel bearings and the bad back brakes.

I was in love and I thought it was mutual, until the first snow arrived. Which is when I discovered that my car is the biggest pussy in the snow ever. It has traction control that seems to help not at all. I do know it pisses me off to see that blinking low traction warning as the front end of my car is trying to hump the curb.

Even worse was my first trip to the grocery store after the snow. The trunk was frozen completely shut, so I had to put my groceries in the back seat while all that lovely "you can fit a dead body in here" trunk space remained empty. With no garage it took a couple of days to thaw out and the car mocked me the entire time.


Don't even get me started on my new DVD player that I can't use until I get a new TV.

10 comments:

  1. We had an iron with one of those retractable cord things & those two inches that refused to reel in always frustrated me... until I dropped it one day & broke the spring that controls the reel. Purely accidental, I promise. I'm the type of person who probably, maybe, might consider doing something like pouring hot water to try & thaw a frozen trunk. It's probably a good thing I don't have a car.

    I want Frito's now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may or may not be a good thing that you don't have a car - but it is a good thing you live in a tropical climate.

      Delete
  2. Those CORDS!!! I struggled with those as well, and my dad's tape measure, which you could lock in place, and when you took the lock off, gods help you because that thing tried to beat the living shit out of you before going back inside it's holder. Why did I need a tape measure as a child? No idea.
    The Fritos made me laugh. You do have SOME self-control, I would have bought the stupid Hickory Sticks to get them out of the way, and either left them on the table or just eaten them even if they were gross.
    The frozen trunk sounds so annoying, I don't even know what you do for that. Are there warm car washes???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are warm car washes - but the problem is then my doors would have got just enough moisture in them to also be frozen shut the next day.

      Delete
  3. Pull start things like the lawn mower and the generator and the weed eater WILL NOT work for me. Oh believe me I have tried. But there is a special kind of horror for when you pull the cord and it won't retract and then you are all like oh crap I broke it and then you have to take it apart and fix it which is the worst task ever and then you are afraid to use the pull starts ever again even though you NEED them.

    I mean, I totally feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I despise pull start engines with a passion. I've never had one not retract, but once I had the pull start on my power washer retract and hit my thumb. It retracted with so much force that I was honestly afraid I would look down and see myself without a thumb.

      Delete
    2. I ran over the pull start on our lawn mower. I'm not allowed to more the lawn anymore (boo hoo).

      Delete
    3. Is that all it takes to get out of having to cut grass? Sign me up for that.

      Oh shit, I just remembered there's no one else to do it.

      Delete
  4. I remember when nobody knew or cared to set their clocks on their VCR's and it would just flash forever and rather than actually set the clock people - my friends - would just put a piece of black electrical tape over the flashing 12:00am. Then just before Thanksgiving my sis' dishwasher broke and the buttons started flashing. Here it is after the New Year and it's still not fixed. I told my sis about the VCR trick and out came the black tape.. Which would be great except her dishwasher is white.. :) You're not the only one inanitmately (new word) challenged. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the digital clock went on my parents old stove my dad just put one of those small digital peel and stick clocks over it. Voila, problem solved.

      I think anything that has a clock and a timer such as ovens and coffee makers should also have a battery back up for the clock.

      Delete