fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Want to be a stripper? Don't worry! Canada's government is looking out for you.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Want to be a stripper? Don't worry! Canada's government is looking out for you.

 




When I see a headline that says From strippers to light bulbs: 2014 brings a range of new rules of course I've got to click on that.

That's right - no more foreign stippers.

Effective Dec 31st, 2013 the Canadian government won't approve LMO applications from employers looking to hire temporary foreign workers in the sex trade industry. Employers will have to look to Canadians to fill those jobs.


I'm glad the government is protecting the dreams of little girls everywhere. Can you even imagine how it would be to have a daughter and have to squash her longstanding ambition of twirling around a pole wearing nothing but a smile and a couple of pieces of string because - I'm sorry honey, you've got to be from another country to get one of those jobs.

I'm grateful that my government is protecting my access to those rewarding exotic dancer and massage parlor jobs. I would really hate to have to work in some menial high paying job because my local stripper joint was hiring strippers from overseas. 

Now when those dirty lying politicians brag about the jobs they've created, they can include women who are being exploited by the sex trade along with the minimum wage call centre jobs they're always so proud of. 


11 comments:

  1. I'd love to make a stripper's wage and still get to stay around home. I'd also like to be getting paid for entertaining perverts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the government gave us that easy to sanitize plastic money....

      Delete
  2. What!?! Well, there goes my work Visa. I thought the whole point of NAFTA was the free flow of sex workers. This is a crushing defeat to boob capitalism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I thought NAFTA was for the free flow of jobs to Mexico...

      Delete
  3. When will it end? First, strippers and sex workers get banned from plying their trade across borders and, before you know it, countries are building giant walls, pointing missiles at each other and saying they have to “protect their territory from outsiders”. You’ll see. Make my words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true - if you can't have a borderless sex industry what have you got left?

      Delete
  4. So now I have to move to Canada to fulfill my girlhood dreams? I'm actually not sure about the US rules on stripper-hood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right - no coming over and just staying for a bit.

      Delete
  5. Damn it.. Looks like I'll be working at Mickey D's..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better to smell like French Fries than desperate pervert.

      Delete
  6. At least Canadians with daddy issues will finally have a WARMER place to do their work.

    ReplyDelete