fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Shitastic Saturday

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Shitastic Saturday

In a sleep fog this morning I dismissed my six am alarm and almost snoozed the seven. I woke up knowing the roads would be shitty and snow would have to be cleared from the car. I was already pissy just having to work, adding blowing snow to the mix did not make me feel any better.

I walked out of the bedroom to be greeted by the sight of adult sized boys sprawled all over my living room. They were also on the sofa where my clean clothes normally live. Which meant scrambling twice as hard for two socks that match.

I'm wearing two socks, I haven't checked to see if they actually match. 

I couldn't find my belt. Or at least I couldn't find the one that fits, the two that are too short were exactly where they belong. Possibly the one I needed was hiding under one of the sprawlers, but either way it made for a day of continuously pulling up my pants.

I like my pants comfy, nothing wrong with that. 

After giving up on the belt, I went to brush my hair and teeth. Which is when I discovered there was no hot water. Which there should have been since nobody else was up to use it. With no time to pull out the freezer and get at the tank that problem got filed under later. 

Then I went to fill my thermos and to-go cup, except no thermos. I forgot it at work last night.

7 comments:

  1. This is why fluffy white things raining from the sky scares me. Stupid cold. Hopefully the rest of the day got better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly I would have given up and gone straight to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. That's a day I hope I have something to Irish up some coffee. Or drink straight from the bottle. I can relate to the big teen scene. Can you put them to work shoving snow at least??
    I made them stay in the basement and even that was annoying. I keep throwing more restrictions at them and they still keep coming.
    I hope you have a better Sunday and those visitors help you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The adult sized body that belongs here did a really nice job of tidying the house before I got home from work, so at least I got to come home to something nice.

      Delete
  4. If I hadn't already been certain it was only going to be a half day I probably would have called in.

    ReplyDelete