fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Leaky faucets, coffemakers and what do you mean I can't put it in the dishwasher?

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Leaky faucets, coffemakers and what do you mean I can't put it in the dishwasher?

I've got a leaky bathtub faucet. It started out as a drip, but now it's a trickle and I really am starting to worry the cat will drown himself drinking from the faucet.

I know what the problem is, and I even know how to fix it. Finding the part is the problem. The faucet is a Danze. I used to have a Moen, but I got tired of changing the cartridge every 9 months or so. The Danze is almost 5 years old so I'm satisfied with how long it lasted. What isn't making me happy is trying to find the part. I've been to two Canadian Tire stores and the Home Hardware with no luck. My next step is to call the 1-800 number.

But I did find a new coffee maker.


I've never liked my old coffee maker. It was too round, and a round peg in a square hole is just sloppy looking. It took forever to brew a pot of coffee and the sneak-a-cup feature was broken. My habit of pulling out the pot as I was cramming my cup under the drip to get that first swig of coffee had the whole thing looking gross. I was almost ready to stick it in the dishwasher.

Yes, I have done that before.
 


My only complaint? I'm a lefty - you knew I wasn't all right didn't you? The lid to fill it opens like a book, only not all the way. But it's squarish and it's pretty and clean.

Because he's an even bigger coffee addict than I am, Asshat #2 had to brew a pot of coffee right away. Wanting to rib him a bit about living dangerously, I was reading the cleaning instructions since I'm pretty sure you're supposed to run water through once or twice before you actually make coffee in it.


Apparently, you aren't supposed to put your entire coffee maker in the dishwasher. Who knew?

PS I wonder what the cleaning instructions for the toaster are?

No comments:

Post a Comment