fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: A Mostly Perfect Day

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Mostly Perfect Day

Today was my idea of a perfect day. I slept until 10am, and twelve hours later I am still in my pajamas.


I even managed to capture this syrupy sweet aawh moment.

All of the guy's new boxers, socks, and sleep pants are washed. The youngest even folded his own shit. Too bad he's not the biggest contributor to the laundry.

For future reference all boxers recieved as presents will be photographed and tagged with the owners name. Then I will print a poster of whose drawers are whose. It's the only way I'll ever be able to keep the effing things straight.

We had snow here. On Christmas Eve and today. I haven't moved my car since Christmas Eve and the window was open. Good news though - there was still a towel on the seat from the last time it rained and the window was down. So dry ass tomorrow = life is good! Plus the car starts so bonus all the way around.

I shoveled off the deck - in my pajamas. Never underestimate the insulative properties of a padded push up bra. Shovelling snow without one brings new meaning to colder than a witch's tit. Socks might have been good too. Possibly boots - only those are still out on the deck from the last time I cut the grass and now they are full of snow.

Also worth noting - sitting on the computer all day does not make for efficient circulation. So gloves would have been handy to have but even though my guys are older, like all kids they lose my shit which makes me lose my shit.

On the topic of losing my shit I also went to the shed to get an extension cord for my block heater.


Who the eff wound up my extension cord like that? It sure wasn't me because I always do nice big loops so I don't wind up with a twisty tangly pile of garbage. My eldest has a long way to go before I'm granting the official Mom Approved Guy Card. Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. We basically had the same kind of day here... Well, except for the snow (tropics) and pets acting cute (none) part. Okay, I guess the only real similarity is that we did spend basically the entire day in our pajamas & folded laundry.

    Close enough.

    Also, YAY for getting the new blog started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is absolutely nothing wrong with spending all day in pajamas and folding laundry. It's the only way to make sure you aren't making more dirty laundry.

      Thanks you - this is feeling pretty comfy - kinda like pajamas.

      Delete