fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Snow And Other Four Letter Words

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Snow And Other Four Letter Words

I am so not a fan of snow. I mean sure it's fun if it happens on a Sunday and you can round up some kids to go sledding. It can be fun if you've got a snowmobile and you get to rip through some fields. Even Cross-Country skiing is a pleasurable activity.

The general everyday reality of it though? Meh, not so much.

Shoveling snow, with snot dripping down your face and sweat dripping into your ass crack whilst wheezing like an old tom cat? Meh, not so much. 

Brushing snow off of your car, scraping ice or worse trying to thaw out frozen doors? Meh, not so much. 

I get that winter comes just like spring, summer and fall. I get that I only have to tolerate it for a little while. But this year, it's different. It's worse. 

It's worse because I have a young adult driving now. Driving a pickup truck - because that is the second least practical winter vehicle you can own. The first being a motorcycle. 

He's an aggressive driver, and not particularly experienced. He's already totaled one truck - and that was in perfect driving conditions. 

We also don't see a lot of snow, so a little bit of snow on the road provides a lot of drivers that are inexperienced with driving in it. Now combine an aggressive, inexperienced driver with a bunch of overly cautious drivers. 

I can't wait for spring. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh I absolutely LOVE the snow! I love winter, everything about it! Especially driving in it but I've lived in snowy states my whole life, still, like you, I'm not a fan of my kids driving in it because like your son, my kids too have issues on clear roads. We're Italian but our last name most def is not Andretti! - New follower by the way. :) - Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when he's out driving around. Maybe next year I'll stop worrying.

      Delete
  2. Snow makes me incredibly horny, like rip your clothes off, gotta have you right NOW, kinda sex. Sure wish it would snow here in southeatern North Cackalacky sometime this century!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow does NOT turn me on, but I can sure pretend it is if someone else is willing to shovel and scrape.

      Delete
  3. The comments here made me laugh too. I can tell you as a Canadian the thrill of snow does wear off. Around the third day of winter. I'm already in fear for when my 2.5 year daughter starts driving in the snow. Based on how she drove her Dora mini ATV around the backyard this summer, I'm not sure she should ever be allowed on the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough one - staying calm when they're out driving around. I just hope someone is looking out for them.

      Delete