fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Not The First Time

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Not The First Time

So the truth is this is not my first time around the blogging block. I already had a blog that was starting to collect a very modest following. But it wasn't letting me be all of me for a lot of reasons.

The first time around, I was so anxious to gain any kind of following that I was chasing my family to read it. Then I would post something and they would comment. With their first and last names and as relatives - somehow making it obvious we were related and what that relationship was. Then I would be up all night reading back through posts because I am paranoid about keeping my on-line life seperate from my real life.

The first time around, I tried to wear a persona when I was posting. Only some days I didn't feel like putting that persona on. So I didn't post. Sometimes for a long time I didn't post. The first time around was all about crusty exterior - only some days I'm gooey centre - only never the orange cream kind `cause I hate that shit.

The first time around, I had a rigid format and what I wanted to say didn't always work with it. And like trying to make up your own lyrics to a song, if the words don't fit right they jangle instead of jingle.

This time around? I feel like a whole lot of possibilities are in front of me and it's all new and exciting. I think it's gonna fit.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you. So far it's been a very refreshing change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have fun being yourself. That's the best.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been an enormous relief, I have so much to say now.

      Delete
  3. I started my blog under a different name, too. It was such a depressing blog - all about my post-partum miseries. Once i was over that crap, I changed the name and tone, and I prefer it much more. And none of my family or friends have known the blog name the whole time. I prefer it this way as it lets me write about anything.

    I LOVE your button, by the way. It's hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying the freedom that comes from those nearest and dearest to me not knowing where to find me on the internet. Of course so far this blog is doing much better at connecting with people - so I have no reason to beg!

      I'm so glad to hear you like the button. I really need to make new ones for twitter and Facebook - and of course the time to do it!

      Delete