fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Sometimes Mother's Do That

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sometimes Mother's Do That

Last night my mom called to wish me a happy birthday. I mentioned that my employer had given us all one hundred dollar gift cards.

Mom: So are they ever going to give you enough time off to spend it?

She has a way of doing that sometimes. Making me feel as if I have to defend myself for taking pleasure in something.

My employer pays me for every hour I work, that is the only compensation any employee is entitled to. So yes sometimes a little more time away from my job would be nice but to give every employee such a generous gift is something I can appreciate.

That and the pleasure of knowing I have a hundred dollars to spend as I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment