fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: It's Christmas Eve and I Meant What I Said

Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Christmas Eve and I Meant What I Said

Tonight was our family dinner. The one for immediate family, the boyfriend and his kids. All went well even though I had to be at work for 5 am today and worked until 4pm. Lot's of advance preparation - and somehow I managed to fit 3 lasagna's in the fridge for overnight.

So at the end of the evening the boyfriend asks me if I'm coming over as he's getting ready to leave.

Well no, of course I'm not going to your house. It's Christmas Eve. I don't care if my kids are no longer kids. I'm not ditching them on Christmas Eve. Never mind that I've been awake since 3:30 am to be at work on time today. So yeah, I'm kinda tired and I still have to wrap and prep Christmas for my kids - even though they aren't kids anymore.

There's also the fact that boyfriend was pretty bluntly told that I was looking forward to having two mornings in a row of waking up in my own house on a non-work day. As opposed to the alternative of waking up at his house and eventually making my way home wearing last nights panties.

No comments:

Post a Comment