fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Hyper-irritability Ruled Today

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hyper-irritability Ruled Today

Honestly I haven't been to a Doctor in at least 3 years. I haven't been sick so I just haven't gone. I used to just go to a walk in clinic but then found myself a family doctor - and then never went.

I had forgotten how damn frustrating it could be to make an appointment.

I started last week. I called on my lunch, and found out there's no receptionist on duty at lunch time. Then I called from work at 4 - again no receptionist on duty at that time.

Seriously - I want that bitch's hours.

So I called the next day. From my pay as you go cell phone. I got through, started negotiating an appointment (that is what it felt like - negotiations) and ran out of minutes.

Today, I started again. I repeatedly got the "your call is important to us blah blah blah" and hung up, because I'm paying for those minutes. From 9 am to 12 pm I tried to get through to the receptionist.

At one point I was so frustrated, I was afraid I would get through and tear a strip off her. Which would earn me a "needs meds" notation on my file and the shittiest appointment times available for the rest of my life.

Finally at 3:30 I got through - so yeah, I'll finally be looking after my health. When I list my symptoms of fatigue, muscle cramps and Aunt Flo's extended visits, I'll be sure to add hyper-irritability to the list. I seem to have that symptom in spades.

Speaking of hyper-irritability - The Swinger felt it's edge today.

I had heard rumblings that he felt he was underpaid and not getting enough hours.

He gets shorted on hours because to be completely honest - he's a pain in the ass. Plus the other Shipper/Receiver works twice as hard and actually helps get things rolling in the morning. The Swinger just walks around yapping and irritating everyone.  

This afternoon he made a mistake and vented in front of me. I have to do all this paperwork, blah blah blah, they don't pay me enough, blah blah blah. 

I lost my temper and told him that if he wasn't happy there were at least three people waiting in line for his job and that he should try checking out the job market to see what people in our area are really making now that all the manufacturing jobs are gone.

He didn't like that so he whined to the other supervisor. The other supervisor told a little fib and said "you should listen then, she's above me."

The Swinger was even less happy to be told that I was his boss's boss. Which I'm not really - because I turned it down.

So I've got a doctors appointment and The Swinger isn't speaking to me.

In the game of life, I won today. 

8 comments:

  1. Can we bring back that Charlie Sheen quote? WINNING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might consider a doctor switch...what a hassle just to get an appointment! UGH.-The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is partially my own fault for never going. People who go to the doctor regularly get a chance to shmooze the receptionist. Having a good relationship with the receptionist is key to getting in when you need to.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Pissing off The Swinger is always a high note.

      Delete
  4. Maybe he will keep his yapper shut for awhile, or find someone else to vent to. Glad you finally got an appointment, what a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He never stays mad for long enough to suit me. I'm going to have to work on that.

      The appointment thing was a huge hassle, not to mention all the minutes I used on my phone getting put on hold.

      Delete