fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Nine tonight, six tomorrow and prepare yourself for supper

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Nine tonight, six tomorrow and prepare yourself for supper

Two days in a row of working until 9 pm, after starting at 6 am, means I am officially dead dog tired.

To make it even worse, I had our Controller sitting at my desk all damn day. Tying up my computer and my chair, which meant I got to spend the entire day on my feet. He also had the heat on in the office full blast, which really brought out his personal aroma of old man. It took about 3 hours to clear the air of heat and smell after he finally left. It was like somebody had canned that Value Village old dusty clothes smell and let it out in my office. 

So then I asked one of the young people (anyone under 30) if his mom used Gain laundry detergent. Original scent Gain has a very distinct scent to me, and I kept catching whiffs of it.

K: To be honest, I used L's deodorant this morning because I didn't make it home last night.

L is a girl - one of the other Young People, and not his girlfriend either. Just good friends.

K: I figured watermelon was better than BO.

It was my best laugh of the day. 

Unfortunately, The Swinger is no longer mad at me. Which means he's talking to me again.

I'll work harder on pissing him off tomorrow. Which will be a 6 am start as well.

I honestly don't care if I never eat another damn tomato again. But I do have a tomato dick pick for you all.




7 comments:

  1. You work crazy long hours. Have you heard anything about the job that you applied for a few weeks ago? I worry about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy long hours.

      I haven't heard anything - but it's an American owned company so I wouldn't expect to hear anything until after July 24th.

      Delete
  2. Well at least you had a good laugh. Thanks for sharing and letting us laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watermelon deodorant smells a whole lot better than overheated old man is all I can say.

      Delete
  3. Ugh I both love and hate those long days. On one hand all that money, on the other hand at some point you feel like you would pay money just to get eight hours of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kid made it to the school bus two days out of four. They've fed themselves - like feral animals - and I've got the dishes to prove it. At this point a good morning is one where I can find two socks that sort of go together.

      We won't even discuss how bad my shoes smell. Just be grateful no one has invented a way for smells to travel across the internet.

      Delete
  4. I've always thought we should have a "special" pack for those ones and charge a premium price.

    ReplyDelete