fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Home before dark - WTF happened?

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Home before dark - WTF happened?

Miracle of miracles - today was a "6:30 today, 6 tomorrow day".

I kept asking my co-supervisor why the extra half hour. I mean six should be as good as 6:30 right? How much work would we really accomplish in that half hour.

He wasn't buying it.

Then I asked him "are you sure you didn't really mean to say seven tomorrow?", because seven sounded more than reasonable to me.

He didn't buy that either.

I also tried to convince him he really meant to say five tonight.

It seems my powers of persuasion are non-existent, so we went to 6:30.

It's become a rare treat to be home before dark and have plenty of time to prepare a healthy nutritious meal.

Such a rare treat that I'm celebrating it by ordering pizza.

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. Your powers of persuasion aren't as non-existent as you think. Now that I've read this I wish we were having pizza for dinner tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get that either. Or why we all can't have jobs that start at say 9am or abouts. Seems like every job I've been booked for is an 8am am or a 7am or the dreaded 6am. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have just one 7 am start right now. Just one.

      Delete
  3. That's balls!!! You should stage a protest and wear a sign around your person. Worst case scenario, it won't work. But you'll have created a fun sign!!! And that's always cool.

    Hugs

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll save the sandwich board for my last week on the job. Just in case management doesn't think it's a fun sign. ;-)

      Delete