fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Port-A-Potties and Bad Tattoos

Friday, February 1, 2013

Port-A-Potties and Bad Tattoos

Does anybody else ever drive by a tipped over port-a-potty and think whew, I'm so glad my son seems to be losing interest in pulling pranks.

No?

Shit.

Okay then.

 Anybody else have a tattoo they regret?

I do. One single time in my life I tried to be trendy. Only I didn't just miss the peak of the trend, oh hell no, I missed that the trend was already a fucking joke.

Yep. I've got the tramp stamp. And as a double fail? It's Chinese characters. To make the entire thing even more trite, I had it done as a reward to myself for making it through the divorce process. Which is long and expensive, so I commemorated it by spending money foolishly on something permanent.

I have had the pleasure of working with two older Chinese men now. Conversing with older Chinese men when one has Canadian ears (not even French Canadian - just English Canadian) is a skill. One that takes continuous reinforcement.

Oddly enough, both of these older men have found this tattoo fascinating.

Why?

It's ugly. It's in dire need of re-inking. Did I mention it's ugly?

This makes me wonder - does it really say Never Compromise as it is supposed to?


Vote for me at Circle of Mom's Top 25 Funny Mom's contest. Better yet? Get your friends and family to vote too - since I'm way way down on the list. You can vote your favorites every day until February 13th. 

Follow Me On Facebook! 

7 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! Well, you've GOT to ask them what it says!! You've just got to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried. The only thing I understood in the reply was "those are very strong words"

      Delete
    2. "Those are very strong words" was kind of in awe, not the Canadian or North American want to fight version.

      Delete
  2. They're answer makes it sound like it doesn't say what you thought it did. I used to own a tattoo shop and people came in all the time wanting their name in Chinese script. The Chinese language does not work that way, but I could never convince them. We would end up just pulling something up on the internet to make them happy. No one ever came back to complain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 symbols on my ankle that are supposed to stand for "Faith" "Jesus" and "Worship". Anytime I ask someone who would know if that's what they mean, they just laugh. They probably stand for, "I'm an idiot for getting a foreign language I do not understand permanently imbedded in my skin."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For what it's worth there are more of us out there than just us two suffering from tattoo regret.

      Delete