fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Being nice is over-rated.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Being nice is over-rated.

Remember the work phone with the number that gets around? Yes well, it's still giving me headaches.

I rarely get oddball calls on my work phone anymore, so today when it rang and "unknown caller" showed on the display I answered.

Me: Hello, it's Vanessa.

Caller: Hi, I just found this number in my husbands wallet.

Me: Well I don't know what to tell you - this is a work phone.

Caller: A work phone?

Me: Yes, a work phone.

Caller: Oh, Okay.

I hung up and went about my Sunday. I knew it wasn't over though, because I had an idea who the caller was.

Round 2...


Me: Hello, it's Vanessa.

Caller: Hi I called earlier. I'm J's wife.

Me: Okay and?

Caller: Well do you sometimes give him a ride to work?

Me: You're his wife, don't you give your husband a ride to work?

My Brain: While you're taking his paycheck and not giving him any spending money? 

Caller: Well I do, but sometimes he gets a ride. It's just he told me that you're his supervisor and he has your number to sometimes get a ride?

My Brain: Yes, because you're too effing lazy to get out of bed and drive your husband to work. It fucks up my day when I'm down a guy. 

Me: So your husband gave you a perfectly reasonable explanation for why he had my work number and yet here you are calling me because you don't believe him?

Caller: Well um yeah.

Me: Yes, I gave your husband my work number so that if he was ever in a bind he could catch a ride to work with me.

My Brain: And I threatened him with death if his psycho wife ever found out about it and started calling me. 

Caller: Okay, sorry about that.

Me: Have a nice afternoon.

Yep, completely self inflicted. I knew she had a screw loose, but damn I hate having my work day frigged up because some lazy skank couldn't be bothered to get up and drive her husband to work.

And of course it didn't end there...


Then I get the call from the husband with apologies and explanations.

Me: Honestly? Your marital drama is none of my concern. Have a good afternoon. 

And it still isn't over...


Next comes another call from the wife. She sounds drunk or high or who the fuck cares. She starts apologizing.

Me: Can I explain something to you? Sunday is my only day free of work. It's the only day I don't have to think about work. It's my only day to myself - free of worries. I would like to enjoy that day if you don't mind.

Bitch, you don't want to make me flip my bitch switch.


32 comments:

  1. Wow. That is incredible! I would feel sorry for the guy, except that he chooses to stay in that relationship and tolerate her craziness.

    Dang, I hope that's the last time she calls you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do kind of feel sorry for the guy. He was looking to become Canadian and bit off a whole lot of crazy. I'm always watching the situation because there are laws to protect immigrants from spousal abuse and I worry about my people.

      Delete
  2. So inappropriate! What a loser- both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, if you're at the point where you're rifling thru your spouse's phone and calling the numbers of women in his contacts, it's time to get a grip on yourself. How nice of them to fill your day off with their marital stupidity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I've never dug through anyone's wallet or phone (really, these days a cell phone is as personal as a wallet or purse)

      Delete
  4. this was so funny to red.

    i imagine so annoying to live through

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days, anytime something annoying or stupid or whatever happens my only thought is "this is going in the blog".

      Delete
  5. Ack, workmate marital drama! Ain't nobody got time for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't nobody got a shit to give for that either!

      Delete
  6. I worked with a guy like that. His wife eventually got him fired. No one was really sorry to see him go. When he was at work, he was always on the phone, arguing. Or he'd ignore his phone and drive the rest of us nuts with it's constant ringing. The final straw was when she'd call the rest of us to give him threatening messages. Seriously?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may come down to that - my co-supervisor has already dealt with his fill of her crazy.

      Delete
  7. Wow. You handled that better than I ever could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was already in full on bitch mode, so the snotty toned but oh so reasonable responses were just rolling off my tongue.

      Delete
  8. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I'm at a total loss for words!!!!! That's both pathetically sad and hysterically funny all at the same time. Well, it's only hysterically funny because it didn't happen to me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking that it was a great blog post.

      Delete
  9. Poor effers can't smell their own crazy.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kinda sounds like wife has some reason to worry that has nothing to do with rides from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's more worried about the rides he might be giving.

      Delete
  11. The multiple calls is JUST INSANE!! You handled it very graciously, as by call 2 I would be definitely be less than friendly!!-Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The words may have been reasonable but the tone was full on "bitch, don't mess with me today!"

      Delete
  12. Woooooooooow!!! What a nut job! After a while I probably wouldn't have even answered! Jerks.

    Hugs

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had venom to spew, she provided the target.

      Delete
  13. THis would send me over the edge. I cant stand people who wont go away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be a while before she tries to test her crazy against my crazy again.

      Delete
  14. Wow. Unless he and his wife share a number I would block hers. I don't tolerate that since my phone is how I get work. Or at least change the number to That Crazy Wife or Do Not Answer or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that may have already happened to her more than once - she *69'd the number.

      Delete
  15. WHAT THE HECK???? Wow. I hate crazy wives. I have known a few in my time. One in particular made her husband write 25 times "It is not appropriate to hug other women." AND HE DID IT!!!! Dude....meanwhile 2 years later they got a divorce, didn't see that coming did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're at the point where you are going through his wallet, it's already over - am I right?

      Delete
  16. Oh wow, that's too bad - for the both of them...and everyone who gets wrapped up in their crap! I've never been a jealous woman and I'd never tolerate a jealous man. Such a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa! Some people just live in their own little bubble. New follower here. I found you through "Mod Mom's" blog and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete