fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: I went to the mall and there was no blood spilled.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

I went to the mall and there was no blood spilled.

I'm two thirds of the way through spending a three day weekend. Have I spent it sensibly?

Oh hell no.

Friday was spent napping, with a little bit of reading to break it up.

Today it was time for the dreaded trip to the mall. Have I mentioned before that I despise shopping? Still there was a mall gift card that needed to be spent and new work shoes that were sorely needed.

First I checked all the fluids on my car, prepping like I was going on a 8 hour road trip instead of a 45 minute drive to Windsor. Which makes me think I need to get out more because let's face it, I never go anywhere other than work, the grocery store, The Polish Guy's house and my mom's for Sunday dinner.

I made it to the mall, in one piece and parked outside of Chapter's because after shoes I was getting books. I lie, not about the books but the real reason I park outside of Chapter's is because there's a bathroom in there.

I headed through the mall - have I mentioned I hate shopping? What is with people who insist on rushing to get in front of you and then walking exactly a half pace slower than your natural stride? My natural stride is impatient bitch by the way.

Once I finally found a shoe store, I came to the realization that somebody declared it national old lady with bunions shoe shopping day. The two older ladies next to me were most entertaining - even as they irritated the ever loving shit out of me. The younger of the pair kept bringing the older one shoes from the sale rack, the older one kept rejecting them. They were damn ugly, clunky looking things - I don't blame her a bit. 

Anyhow - I've got new shoes. Ones that for now at least I can take off in public without clearing the room. We'll see how comfortable they are as the week progresses. For what I spent it should feel like I'm walking on pillows held aloft by angels, even after ten hours on my feet.

And I've got books. A reference book on grammar, and a dictionary - since age seems to be undermining my spelling skills. Once I made it back home, I finished off the afternoon with another nap. It was the best part of my day.

Weekend Funnies is still live.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nothing really special - just your typical athletic shoe. When I go all out and buy myself a new pair of heels I'll be sure to share.

      Delete
  2. You probably lasted longer than I would have. I can't handle shopping. It drives me crazy real fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only my need for good work shoes and the only bookstore around that had me there. That and a gift card that needed spending before it's value was eaten up by the service charges those things seem to have.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If there were nobody else there I could handle it just fine - for shoes anyhow. When I'm looking for pants it's another story.

      Delete