fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: I wish I could order up a hot flash when I need one.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

I wish I could order up a hot flash when I need one.

Right now, my dog is shredding one of the stuffed toys that came home from The Polish Guy's house last night. I hope this isn't the beginning of adolescent post break up doggy angst. I did that with the two footed adolescents - one ride on that merry-go-round will do anyone for a lifetime.

The warmer weather might be here - but I still froze my arse off at work today. Then they turned the chillers on.

It really is too bad that I can't just order up a hot flash when I want one.

Supper is almost ready to serve - before 9, so there's a win. The green bean casserole I made is big enough to take to a pot luck. I probably still won't get seconds.

Dishes are done. Even if they're really Mondays dishes. I don't care dishes got done.

Weekend Funnies will be going on hiatus. Partly because I'm not feeling funny right now. Mostly because I've been watching all the stats and I wasn't doing much for you bloggers who did link up.

If you're looking for a better place to link up? One that will bring you community - which is something better than page views - I can't think of a better place to hang out on the weekend than Yeah Write's moonshine grid. If I manage to blog something other than whiny shit this weekend I'll see you there.

Now please excuse me - I've got to go clean up some shredded stuffing.

12 comments:

  1. you need a smile, and I needed an idea for a post today. hop over to my blog in about 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. I enjoy reading your blog; you keep everything real. Remember there are other people like me that appreciate your writing. We may not comment, but we're still here.Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something in the air, hopefully it will pass soon!
    It would be awesome if bio-feedback worked and we could raise and lower our own body temperatures. I can't control mine at all, I'm like a snake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here - I'm always either freezing or sweating. Never just comfortable.

      Delete
  4. This reminds me I should probably get to Tuesday's dishes. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could make a shocked face, but sadly I'm just not that type of housekeeper.

      Delete
  5. Ugh, when I worked, I was either too hot or too cold. Mostly I was too hot, which sucked because there are only so many layers of clothing you can take off, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was still in cubicle hell, I was also responsible for the thermostat. Ever try to keep a room full of women happy with one temperature?

      I should have got hazard pay for that duty.

      Delete
  6. I am more than happy to send you as many hot flashes as you would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got plenty of my own. It's the timing I need to work on.

      Delete