fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: One of these days, the day after tomorrow will be the day.

Friday, April 19, 2013

One of these days, the day after tomorrow will be the day.

Remember this post - Don't Make Me Flip my Bitch Switch?

We're waiting for Dad to come and pick up his youngest child for the weekend. Or I'm waiting and they're trying to drive me nuts.

You know how it is when you're due to go somewhere so you just pace around the house until finally it's time to leave? That's what the youngest is doing right now - with his shoes on. The oldest is trying to aggravate the youngest and doing a damn fine job of aggravating me at the same time.

So I'm hiding in my bedroom listening to a Cake CD skip - because it's been that long since I really used my stereo.

Four today and eight tomorrow


After a full week of six today and eight tomorrow, except for last night when it was six today and seven tomorrow, this should be welcome news - no?

Except me - the asshole at the party - goes and says - so no break? I made a yuck face too.

Then I laughed at myself, because let's face it four is better than six.

Except right now that's how I'm getting through the day. Counting off time until this segment of the day is done and the next one begins.

In the morning, I have to force myself to wait until it's my normal time to leave because the sooner I start the sooner first break will come. The sooner first break comes the sooner lunch will come and so on until today is done.

The sooner today is done, the sooner I can get through tomorrow and then the day after tomorrow.

One of these days, the day after tomorrow will be the day I'm okay again. Okay with being just me instead of us.

That day isn't visible on the horizon yet, but it's coming. It always does.

Weekend Funnies is on hiatus


If you're looking for a great place to link up for the weekend? Yeah Write has got you covered with the weekend Moonshine Grid. I promise - you'll get a lot more out of it than I can offer.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Same. I wish I had more of their stuff. Believe it or not, I do things the new old fashioned way and actually buy CD's.

      Delete
    2. Me, too! I don't work or use public transportation; I have no use for a glorified Walkman.

      Delete
    3. I do have an MP3 player (note - I did not say iPod) but one of the kids "borrowed" my earphones. I haven't replaced them yet.

      Delete
  2. Hang tough. Times change and so do our kids (thank God!) and so do we (thank God double for that!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I like the now me better than I liked the younger me. I hope I like the future me even better.

      Delete
  3. My husband likes Cake. I like cake. I'm sorry to hear about the Polish Guy. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete