fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Goldilocks and the 3 bears, only it's really Vanessa and the 3 bathrooms.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Goldilocks and the 3 bears, only it's really Vanessa and the 3 bathrooms.

When I'm at work, I have my choice of three possible washrooms. It's kind of like Goldilocks looking for the right chair.

Washroom A is in the most convenient locale. It's also at the coldest end of the Pack House. I stopped using it this winter. When the ambient air temps are a balmy 55 Celsius I can guarantee you the toilet seat will be minus 20 Celsius. That's colder than 32 Fahrenheit by the way.

Washroom B is not so convenient, but warmer. As an added benefit the toilet seat is securely attached to the toilet. The problem with washroom B is the paper towel dispenser is defective. It's also at head height. So by the time you get enough paper towel to dry your hands, your sleeve is wet clear up to your elbow from the water running down your arm.

Washroom C has not just one, but TWO well functioning paper towel dispensers. The problem with C is the toilet seat is only anchored to the bowl by one bolt. One must sit very gingerly to make sure the correct positioning is maintained. If I ever walk in and see a turd beside the toilet, I'll know what happened.



Today, Washroom C was the bathroom of choice. You know why? Because A and B both reeked of urine like a port-a-potty after October Fest.

Seriously guys - there's a urinal in there. How freaking hard is it to hit the damn thing? You're every one of you adults, by now you should have better aim. Do we need a bulls eye around the drain for Pete's sake? Also? Peeing on the lid of the toilet next to the urinal just isn't cool.

Another thing - when you're done it may seem as if all the pee just magically went away but there's a flush handle on those things for a reason you know. It's so that a magical gush of water takes away all your nasty smelling piss. I'm getting kind of tired of walking into the bathroom and flushing the urinal for you. Plus I almost thought I broke it the other day. I guess I shouldn't have hit the flusher so hard with my foot.

Why my foot? Because judging by the puddle of piss under the damn urinal who knows how much was on the handle.

Weekend Funnies - Link up your funny post of the week.

16 comments:

  1. As a pre-k teacher, I get to teach little boys how to use the urinal, as best I know how. I will say their aim is pretty good, unless they turn to talk to me while I'm waiting in the doorway, as they turn their entire body, not just their head....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest may have had good aim when he was little - except he always waited until the last possible minute, so he was usually peeing before he even got his pants down.

      Delete
    2. Mmmm, yeah, I've had many a preschooler running down the hall to the bathroom with his pants already down to his knees.

      Delete
  2. I think I might come to work with a box of jars, lock all the bathroom doors and tell all those nasty boys that until they learn how to use a toilet properly, especially one that has to be shared with civilized women, it's jar city, gentlemen (making air quotes with your fingers)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bathroom choice in the workplace is an important and often overlooked issue. Personally, I go for the out-of-the-way single disabled toilet. No one ever uses it, so I don't have to endure someone elses 10am poop break, and the privacy of having a whole room rather than a cubicle can't be overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the things I really like about the bathrooms at work. All of them are single occupancy. When you're working 14 hour days sometimes even women need a 10am poop break. No need to worry that somebody else is going to come in and be offended.

      Delete
  4. I have a friend whose house I hang out at a lot. His toilet seat is not attached at all. You have to set it on there and then sit still. I am always sure to have used the facilities before arriving at his house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would choose to sit on the rim before risking an accidental launching mid potty break.

      Delete
  5. Our toilets at work range from the grim to the disgusting. You have a choice of the toilet where people come in and wash their hands, check hair, hang coats etc while listening to you pee, the toilet where the window doesn't shut...there were actually piles of snow in there this week so you imagine that you really have to brace yourself to sit on a freezing cold toilet seat, the one decent toilet which is still freezing but also always has a queue because people rush to it, then there is the toilet with no ceiling...looks straight up to the rafters and pipes etc, also has a ladder going to for access to roof, always feel like I am being watched or some deranged psycho killer will leap down on me. Add to this damp, mould, peeling paintwork and dubious plumbing in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the things I really appreciate about where I work. Because of food safety rules, the entire facility is (usually) scrupulously kept up. The bathrooms get repainted floors and all every year.

      I would have to skip the toilet with no ceiling - way to creepy for me.

      Delete
  6. Often when I need to pee at work, I have to clean the seat first. Sometimes, in work meetings, someone will bring up the old 'If you sprinkle when you tinkle' rhyme. We even have to keep a container of disinfectant wipes in the ladies bathroom, just because everyone has accepted that whoever the culprit is will never stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think you work with adults until you either have to share a bathroom or a lunchroom. Then you find out you're just working with teenagers in adult costumes.

      Delete
  7. Having boys my the house, this has always been one of my biggest pet peeves. How can they miss the damn target? The worst is when you get up to pee in the middle of the night and one of the boys has left pee on the seat--and in the darkness, you SIT ON IT!! Gah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would prefer they leave the seat up than pee on it. The seat up is more noticeable.

      Delete