fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Weekend Funnies #4

Friday, March 22, 2013

Weekend Funnies #4

My very first published post on My Half Assed Life was published 3 months ago on December 22nd. My birthday by the way - jot that down for future reference.

So you can wish me happy birthday, not so you can sign up for a shitload of credit cards in my name. Huh, I wonder what kind of credit score My Half Assed Life would have?

There's a new badge in the sidebar. You can use either it, or the tomato in assless chaps to link up. Grab the code and insert it into your post. Please pray to the blogging and HTML gods that the effer works this time. If it doesn't a link to www.myhalfassedlife.com should do the trick. After all, what good is a link up if you don't bring some readers with you?

The graffiti on those bananas would be courtesy of Asshat #1. For some people a sharpie marker is a dangerous thing. Just ask his younger brother who has had the occasional dick pic graffiti on his back. Rubbing alcohol gets that off by the way. Mostly.

There was a time when the whiteboard on the fridge (it was intended to be a place for the Asshats to see what they should do before I got home) became dick pic central. In fact, people coming over to my house would make a deliberate detour to see the latest in Asshat graffiti.

I should get another white board - not for chores lists - I'm over that dream, but so that I can snap pictures of their latest "art" and post them on my blog for your entertainment.

Okay then, Rules and FAQ.

Number one rule is your post must be humorous, or be written with a humorous intent. If your blog is normally humorous, but your best post this week is about your dog dying - I'll be here for you next week. Or the week after, since I know it would take me a while to find my funny again if something happened to my dog. 

Link up goes live at 5pm Friday and closes for submissions at 5pm Sunday. This is mostly to make sure I do my best by you. I've learned my limits, and coming up with imaginative tweets and otherwise pimping your post loses steam by 8 pm on Sunday. My feet start to hurt and I need to kick off the hooker heels around then.

Please link a newer post - preferably one from the week prior. It helps everybody who does link up by bringing some of your followers along with you.

Please visit your fellow attendees and show them a little love. We're only four weeks in so the reading list shouldn't be too onerous. If we're (because we are in this together) lucky enough to get popular, I'll probably cap at a reasonable number that lets us continue to have a bloggy love fest.

Like an orgy only without the mess or worry of STD's.

If you aren't already following me on Twitter or Facebook, consider doing so - you'll be able to retweet my tweets to your followers, since I do sometimes forget to @ you.

PS I've said it before and I'll say it again - next to your avatar, your title is your best means of encouraging people to click on your thumbnail. Use an imaginative title relevant to your post or the title of your post. Everyone will see your blog's name when they click the thumbnail. Use that thumbnail to intrigue people.

16 comments:

  1. You know which one I'm submitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! I was hoping you would when I read it.

      Delete
  2. Not sure how funny it is, but I've been wanting to link up with you, and it's the best I've got this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully my son has not yet reached the stage of drawing dicks on everything. Or maybe he has and only does it at his dad's house, because that's the sort of thing my ex-husband would find hysterically funny.

    Looking forward to reading everyone's posts tonight after work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried to link up 4 times but it keeps saying error and won't let me do it. I added my current new post but it just won't go through. Sorry....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have the backlink in your post?

      Delete
    2. What do you mean? The actual post added to the link I typed in? Yes. I did it last week and it went thru no problem.

      Delete
    3. Hi! Sorry I wasn't very helpful earlier. What you need to do is insert one of the badges or a link to my blog in your post. Last week I had to eliminate the backlink requirement because the button wasn't working.

      Delete
  5. I am having the same problem as menopausal mama. Can you explain having the backlink in my post? I'd be happy to add it if I knew what it was;) I'm a slow techy girl.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky - All you need to do to submit your post is add a link to my blog. You can insert one of the badges from the sidebar or a link to www.myhalfassedlife.com in your post.

      Delete
  6. I think you have to add her Weekend Funnies pic to the post you want to link up. I could be wrong, cuz I have no idea what a back link means. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must either add one of the buttons from the side bar or a link to www.myhalfassedlife.com to link up. Last week I eliminated the backlink requirement because of problems with the button.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You share a birthday with my MIL. That's not a bad thing, by the way. Especially since it means you're a Capricorn. Capricorns are going to rule the world some day. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a December baby too. Yay! I don't think I was funny enough this week to link-up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries - I'm trying to keep it weekly, so any time.

      Delete