fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Remember When The Highlight Of The Weekend Was The Weekend Funnies?

Friday, March 1, 2013

Remember When The Highlight Of The Weekend Was The Weekend Funnies?

Remember when the highlight of the weekend was reading the color comics in the weekend paper?

It used to be the first thing I read on Saturdays.

As I went through my different life stages my favorites changed. Family Circle, Marmaduke, Blondie and others like it when I was young.

Calvin and Hobbes was always my first go to when Asshat #1 was young. I could identify with Calvin's parents - and see where my life was heading. For a while, we had an orange cat called Hobbes. In the cat world - he totally rode the short bus and was licking the windows too.

As my guys got older Zits became another favorite of mine. It so perfectly captures the entire parenting tweens and teens reality. We even have a few Zits books because my mom always tries to give the gift of reading in at least one form when that fat fucker Santa is getting ready to make an appearance.

Now we get most of our news on-line. Our comics are Someecards, and our Facebook timeline.

Let's bring the funny back to weekends. Link up your most recent funny blog post. Come back and read the other contributors. Tweet it, Facebook it, comment and maybe find a new funny blogger to follow.

The rules:

Funny only please. No offense to you as a blogger but I will boot your post if it's a tear jerker. The only tears allowed here are tears of laughter. You can tell me your latest parenting or life horror story - as long as I'm snorting something out of my nose because you tell it funny.

Include a link to this post in your post you are linking. I will get around to creating a badge - hopefully by next week.

Ideally, I want to see a recent post. Preferably within the last week, but I'll take the last month - for now.

One link per blog please.

This is going to be a small link up at first - so please take the time to give some love to your fellow link uppers. Comment love, tweet love, Facebook love - all or any of them will be appreciated by your fellow link uppers. If we get big enough - I'll bring in voting.

I work Saturdays - all day. So if you have issues it may be evening before I can try to apply my limited technical skills to your situation. However, feel free to email me at myhalfassedlifehere@gmail.com. I check in before work and over my lunch hour while scarfing down my food, and during breaks - which is why I always exceed my data minutes on my phone plan.

For now - I have the titles set to 50 characters. If that's too short for some of you let me know - If it works appearance wise, I'll make it longer. Titles say a lot about a blog so make it witty, make it true to the content and make it appealing. I strongly recommend you use a flashy or catchy title relevant to the post to get page views. We'll see your blog name when we click the link so draw us in first with an irresistible title.

Dark humor, sarcasm, situational - whatever your own funny flavor is let's show it off!

I'm getting busy at my paying job - so breaking with past history this is my weekend post. So your link will stay live and at the top of my blog for the weekend. Which is perfect - it's the few days of the week I have time to dedicate to promoting your funny posts, I have another excuse to avoid or ignore my housework on the weekend, and I can get myself set up for the week on my own blog so I'll have more time to read and comment on your blog during the week. 


24 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I am looking forward to particpating and checking it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm looking forward to seeing you. I'm really hoping for enough participants to justify weekly so you are welcome any time!

      Delete
  2. Hey, I found you on another blog. I tried to link in my "funny" but not sure if it worked. Guess I will just keep an eye out and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it another whirl - I've removed the back link requirement for this week.

      Delete
  3. LOVE IT! Just linked up! :) Thank you!-The Dose Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I'm so excited for this! Now I have to go reread my dribble to see if anything is worthy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been funny in the past month. Whaz up wit dat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a new link up - if you've got something older go ahead and link it.

      Delete
  6. Yay, just linked up! I think a weekly dose of hilarity is an excellent idea for a blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking - I'm looking forward to seeing what gets brought to the party.

      Delete
  7. Awesome idea! I totally miss reading the Sunday funnies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's still time to link up! If not this weekend next. We'll be here for you - every weekend!

      Delete
  8. Great idea Vanessa! Is there a limit on how old they are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now not so much. Recent is nice but I'm focusing on getting the word out first.

      Delete
  9. I agree newer is better. But it's helpful to have some leeway in the beginning. I have been SO busy that blogging has suffered a bit :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on that one. I find that to be the most appealing part of hosting a link-up - I got to spend some time on other peoples blogs and catch up a bit with some reading.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Your welcome! It will be weekly so if you've got a funny post this week feel free to link up again this weekend.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to seeing you!

      Delete