fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Weekend Funnies #2

Friday, March 8, 2013

Weekend Funnies #2

What's your funny flavor?

There's so many different types of humor out there. Dark humor, observational humor, slap stick. I love them all!

As bloggers most of us are of the of the observational flavor. Poking fun at everyday life while exagerating something trivial from our day or week.

We're hoping to get a comment along the lines of:

I laughed so hard I peed my pants!

This was so funny I shot my drink out of my nose! 

Or better yet -

I shot my drink out of my nose and then pissed my pants while choking and laughing!

Let's bring the fun back to weekends - Link up to Weekend Funnies #2.

Rules & Strongly Worded Suggestions

Rule: Funny only. If you link up a tear jerker post, I don't care how awesome or funny the rest of your blog is - I will pull your link. The only tears allowed here are tears of laughter.

Rule: Yesterday I said no back-link. I lied, but only sort of. I won't make you post my tomato ass from the sidebar - just a link to this post will do the trick.

Rule: Only one post per blogger please.

Strongly Worded Suggestion: My preference is for a post from this past week, but I'll take it if it's within the past month because this is a new link-up.

Why is newer better you wonder?

Let's say Fantastic Fanny link's a post she just wrote. Her people are seeing it for the first time. While they're reading all about Fantastic Fanny's hilarious shopping misadventure they see the link to this post. Because they love Fantastic Fanny, they click it and read all of your awesomeness and love it. 

Serendipity right? 

When you link an older post, sure you might get it exposed to new readers, but your people have already read it. So they aren't going to follow your link to this post and meet some new to them bloggers.

A good link-up is like a pot-luck dinner where everybody contributes something, even your never married 60 year old Uncle who smells like mothballs.  In this case you're bringing potential new readers for a dinner with your fellow link-upees.

Rule: Read the contributions of your fellow link-uppers.

Strongly Worded Suggestion: Try to leave some comment love for everyone. We all love seeing comments on our work. Give some love to get some love is my motto.

Rule: If you can't say something nice, or at least witty it's better to say nothing. 

Strongly Worded Suggestion: When you title your link - don't use the title of your blog. We'll see that when we click your link. Which we're going to be dying to click because instead of your blog's name, you're going to use an appealing post title. 

Which would you click on first? My Half Assed Life or Vibrators and Debit Cards?

Hint: Make sure your super appealing title is relevant to the post so the clicker stays, reads your post and falls in love with your flavor of funny.

We go live at 5 pm. My time - which is the same as Bogota Columbia, or Toronto Ontario.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I seem to be the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's just me and you - but I'll keep pimping us out and see what happens.

      Delete