fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: I've Got To Stop Ordering Pizza So Often

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I've Got To Stop Ordering Pizza So Often

It's entirely possible I may have been ordering Pizza a little too often around here.

The number one sign would have been the accumulation of empty pizza boxes in my house. Which is sort of justified. You aren't supposed to throw cardboard in the regular garbage, so in order to throw them out I either have to hide them in a garbage bag which means breaking them down, or I have to recycle them which means breaking them down.

Taking the garbage out is Asshat #2's job. It happens reliably one week out of four. Do you really think he's going to remember to take out the recycle bins one day later? Do you think I want to spend an hour after I get home sorting and preparing the recycling so the driver won't throw it all over the side of the road?

Ain't nobody got time for that!

Then there's the fact that the first thing I noticed when I entered my bedroom tonight was that my mom (who was over and folded laundry for me today!) had taken away the pizza box that was on the printer.

And maybe the one that was on the side of the bed I don't sleep on. What? It was a baby pizza so there was plenty of room in my queen bed for it and me. Pizza boxes don't snore or fart either.

The biggest clue though is the dog. My normally timid dog will greet you like an old friend if you are carrying a red pizza bag. There are people he has known since he was a puppy that make him run for his life when he sees them. Okay, he doesn't really run for his life. He runs for his mommy, and then cowers behind my legs shivering.

But the pizza delivery guy is always a friend. Any pizza delivery guy - he loves them all.

He's a slut like that. 

Tonight someone just pulled into the neighbors. The dog started running around crying and puppy yipping like there was a bunny in the yard or his gramma was here.

I firmly believe he thought the pizza guy was here. Probably because that's exactly how he acted the last time we had pizza.

So yes, it's entirely possible I've been ordering pizza way to often.

14 comments:

  1. No such thing! If my husband wasn't around, I would eat pizza three times a day, every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when your dog and the pizza guy are on a first name basis, it's probably time to cut down on the take away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are totally on a first name basis. Last night I stopped at the variety store next door to the pizza place with the dog. From the car (and dogs don't see very well) he saw his favorite pizza guy and started wagging his ass.

      Delete
  3. I have the same problem. Except substitute pizza boxes for beer bottles. I purposely leave the house early on recycle day to avoid the judgement.

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Canada we get 10 cents for returning those. The recycle guy would think he won the lottery.

      Usually, I just slip them in with the Polish Guy's returns.

      Delete
  4. Gosh sounds like your trash company needs to go one stream. Our recycle is all collected together. Everything that can be recycled (which is more than cannot) goes in the same trash bin and it's all collected together. The sorting is done wherever it is taken to.

    Oh and I thought Pizza was one of the major food groups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, now I want to order pizza for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! You and me both. The only babies I'm having are those baby pizzas they have as lunch specials at one of my favorite pizza joints. They might as well call me Octopizzamom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at it this way, when he gets it right, your dog can function like an advance pizza-guy detection system.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I alternate my take away deliveries between a variety of places so they don't judge me and prevents identifiable carton build up...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spawn and I decided to cut back on pizza, when the guy taking our order over the phone, listed our starter, main and dessert before I'd even had the chance to say hello.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha! Your dog was the straw that broke the camel's back...OR...maybe you need to order pizza MORE so he gets over it. For HIS sake.

    ReplyDelete