fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Bloody Beef, My Tomato Hunk, And Men's Yoga Pants

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bloody Beef, My Tomato Hunk, And Men's Yoga Pants

I'm just back from New Years Day dinner at mom's. No, I'm not posting late - we had it today. She said it was because she was going out for New Years Eve. I think it was just because she was tired of everyone showing up hungover. Myself? Sunday and New Years Day are pretty much the same thing.

Ever go to a big family dinner and wish there was no dinner, just the nibbles before hand? Yeah, me too. Every time.


The only thing missing here is my tomato hunk. Sadly, he was incapable of standing on his own two feet.



The other thing that was missing? My mom saying Oh my head! I shouldn't have had that second glass of wine right before the potatoes needed to be mashed. But she did say my Uncle wanted the riper roast beef. We knew what she meant though - the pink roast beef instead of the bleeding roast beef. Even though my Uncle would really prefer the brown roast beef. He likes it a bit deader than the rest of them.

I wish the baby talk had been missing.

It is exciting there will be another baby in the family. I'm even more excited that it isn't coming from one of the Asshats.

I'm not so excited that I want to hear about it endlessly. We have only one or two family dinners to go until the baby is born. Then we'll get to hear about poopy diapers and leaky boobs.

This would be a good year to go to a tropical island for Christmas.

At least her husband offered up some funny moments for our entertainment.

The Baby Daddy: I remember once when I was little I was rolling a penny around in my mouth while I was watching Cinderella and all of a sudden whoops, it was gone.

My Brother: You might want to change that to watching Transformers when you tell the story.

The Baby Daddy: But it wasn't. It was Cinderella. She had just lost her slipper.

A little later I overheard that he wanted to have a co-ed baby shower. I told him that his buddies would hate him forever and permanently revoke his man card. I'm female and I never willingly attend a baby shower. I'm sure most - as in all - men are grateful that only women have to suffer through these things.

I also promptly told my cousin that two showers in under 12 months was unacceptable.

Then the conversation turned to yoga pants. It started out baby related until The Baby Daddy said he wanted some. I've Googled Men's Yoga pants and google has finally made up for some of the scarring that Google Images has caused me in the past.




Oh yes, I could get into men in yoga pants. But only if they look like this, because you know if this ever trends it will be the 300 pound man wearing yoga pants sans underwear that we'll get to see at Walmart. Most likely there will be a hole somewhere in his super-sized yoga pants that gives us a peak at something he hasn't seen without a mirror for the past decade as well. 


 Like Me On Facebook!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! You are SO right about those yoga pants for men! It will ONLY be the 300 pound men wearing them! Ugh. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Just keep the eye candy pic in your head.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gawd, the mental image of overweight men in yoga pants is etched in my brain forever. Thanks. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing is good. Now there's more of us horrified by that image.

      Delete
  3. OMG! Just found your blog and love it!! I so want to start a blog but my kids are older too and are not saying the cute stuff and I can't call them cutsie names! Plus my grammar sucks! I am a divorcee too and most of my stories would involve the SOB that I was married too and prob involve a retainer fee to my lawyer!! Keep blogging!! What made u get started? I need some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found my blog and love it. I don't really know what made me start but it's my obsession. I'm either working on it or reading other peoples blogs.

      Honestly, there are moments of everyone's day that are hilarious - if you tell it right. The work is all in the telling. I read, edit, re-read, edit some more, read out loud, tell my kids no I'm not talking to myself and edit some more.

      I truly don't say much about the ex, or try not to. After 12 years divorced, we've finally reached a comfortable place and I don't want to eff it up.

      Delete