fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Happy New Year!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Yesterday started at 3am. For real. By noon I was craving a nap. Between trying to figure out what I need to buy to get WiFi out to the mancave and the texts pinging in on my phone the nap was a no show.

The biggest culprit behind the pinging texts (the boyfriend) was also the first offender to ask me if I had gotten my nap. He doesn't understand naps or the level of dedication they require.

We were invited to dinner at a friends and most of the texting revolved around how to get there and back. It was cold and windy so I refused to walk. Which apparently made me DD.

Dinner was probably great for the carnivores in the group. Not so much for me - the vegetarian. I had a heaping huge plate of salad. It was great salad, just not very filling. Carnivores just don't get vegetarians.

Once we made it back to the still WiFi-less mancave I scarfed down some peanuts. And some trail mix. And some booze.

I've discovered that lack of sleep and supper infinitely speeds up the getting drunk process, because I hit the "doesn't know when to call it a day" early and kept it going until I saw 3am - again.

Also? I've noticed that as the amount of alcohol consumed increases, my desire to talk about sex increases proportionately. Unfortunately the likelihood of sex actually occurring has an inverse relationship to the amount of alcohol consumed.

I need a nap now.

5 comments:

  1. I found you through NaBloPoMo. Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome for the smile. Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. I'd figured out the correlation between minimal food and post-haste drunkiness during my college days. I mean, *I have a friend* who figured out the correlation, blah blah blah etc.

    Happy New Year! (And I totally feel you on not wanting to walk in the cold.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well. Minimal sleep really kicked the process up an extra notch.

      Delete
  3. Please join us for a Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your favorite posting of the week and see what others are talking about at http://www.fridayflashblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete