fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: How Many Sweaters Will Fit Under My Coat?

Thursday, January 24, 2013

How Many Sweaters Will Fit Under My Coat?

It's still cold. The weather network claims this cold snap is set to break for Monday, which means 2 more mornings of forcing my ass out of the house.

Two more mornings of playing lets see how many sweaters I can fit under my brown winter coat. The answer is two. I can't zip up the coat, nor can I bend my arms but two it is. Think sausage in a too tight casing with mini sizzlers for arms.

At work, the temp indoors is a balmy 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Which coincidentally is the exact right temperature to put my nose on the continuous drip cycle. So not only are my hands dry and looking like old lady hands, now my nose is getting chapped. And I'm pretty sure I may have used my sleeve at one point in desperation.

So yeah, I look super fat today and I've got snot on my sleeve. How's your day going?

Follow Me On Facebook! 

10 comments:

  1. I'm just really hoping I can get out of my freakin driveway and get to work, since it has been decided I need an additional 3 to 5 inches of snow on top of the 3 I already have.

    Sometimes, I feel like the universe doesn't want me to make money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the part people tend to forget about if they're coveting the rural life. Growing up, we could always get out of the driveway but you couldn't go anywhere after that because it was a country dirt road with fields and drifts and bends.

      Thankfully, we don't get much snow here but I really hate the cold.

      Delete
  2. I am SO done with this cold. It's been below 10 degrees the last few mornings. Yes I know NJ is not as warm as CA but this is ridiculous! You should see how bundled I am when I take the dog to the woods. He doesn't even notice the cold! And snow tomorrow. Is it summer yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read this to my dog. He's now officially jealous of your dog because I'm such a wuss I won't walk him until it warms up. He told me he's going to run away to your house if the cold snap doesn't end Monday as promised.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, it's because it's a huge warehouse were we pack veggies. So it's kind of for the veggies, but I do get to go out to the greenhouse most afternoons. Out there they make fun of me because it's usually at least 20 minutes before I'm ready to start peeling layers.

      Delete
  4. My work is so cold right now, too. I wear two jackets! Then I sweat from working so hard, and have to take of a layer, but one minute later, my sweat is freezing against my skin and I put the other jacket back on. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would seriously love to experience sweat while working instead of only during hot flashes, that never happen when I want them to.

      Delete
  5. My kids got let out of school FOUR HOURS EARLY today due to sleet so it's fairly bleak around here--not continual nose running levels of bleak, but close. But there is good news! They keep each other occupied by fighting and trying to make the other one cry/scream. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when they know how to entertain themselves! Mine are still entertaining themselves this way. Minus the crying - unless you count me sitting in the corner.

      Delete