fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: My Dad The Superstar, Adored By Many

Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Dad The Superstar, Adored By Many

Mom always says Dad looked like Elvis when they got married. He did look very handsome. Even if his pants were two inches short. I guess his pants got mixed up with his brother's. His brother tried his on before the big day and got his exchanged. My Dad? Not so lucky. I'm pretty sure it was the last time he got caught short. 

Every Sunday when we go for dinner, my Dad gets a taste of the superstar life.


That plate of scraps might not look like anything special to us, but to his loyal fan base of three dogs slobbering on his slippers that shit is solid gold. My dad likes to draw it out too, that plate of bones took a solid 30 minutes to scrape. That's a lot of drool.

It's also probably the reason my dog will sulk if he doesn't get to go to Sunday Dinner at Gramma's. 

I'm still debating if it was incredibly bold or incredibly foolish, but I've thrown my hat in the ring. Please vote for me at Circle of Mom's Top 25 Funny Mom's contest, even though I'm still pending approval and petrified they'll have a bouncer come and toss me out on my ear.

Follow Me On Facebook! 




14 comments:

  1. My grandfather looked like Clark Gable. He was a very handsome man! His pants weren't too short in their wedding photo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I want to get some of my family photos scanned so I can do posts on some of them. In their own way they either are or were all characters. Some of their stories are so rich and full they just beg to be told.

      Delete
  2. My parents looked great in their wedding photo. It's great in that they look so carefree and beautiful and happy. But it's also this vaguely cruel reminder that aging is hell. They still look great but, man...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my head, they still look the same as they did when I was growing up - but my dad turned 70 this year. Not that he seems 70 to me, but when his arthritis is kicking up I`m sure he feels it.

      Delete
  3. My dad looked like a total dork in a plaid suit from the 70's. He was even already going bald.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was a polyester suit in some variation of brown with bell bottoms - I`m pretty sure one of my uncles had that same suit.

      I bet on that day, your mom thought he looked handsome.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure my mother loved his look.

      As for the suit, it was more of a green and purple monstrosity.

      Delete
    3. It was probably very trendy and stylish. I remember my uncles all wearing these black boots that had a zipper up the ankle and two inch heels. All of their friends wore them too.

      One of my uncles also had the best white man afro I've ever seen - immortalized forever in his grad picture.

      Delete
  4. I gotta get in shape so my son has some photo's of me to be proud of when he's older. Right now I too look like Elvis, circa 1977...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older Elvis was still Elvis - there was just more of him.

      Delete
  5. My dad was a twig with an afro in the 70s. Do you think I can join Circle of Moms even though I'm only a mom to cats? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even sure if I can join at this point! Like I said, I keep waiting for a big bouncer to shake his head no and boot me out the door.

      Of course I feel like that every time I link up somewhere.

      Delete
  6. Oooooh! I'll go check over there and vote for you! If you are not one of the 25 funniest moms, I don't know who is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure that I'm one of the funniest but at least I've got the funniest Asshats!

      Delete