fR3jclIIszb96iOdpqMK80eDe-U My Half Assed Life: Immortality And Proof I've Always Been A Ditz

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Immortality And Proof I've Always Been A Ditz

When I was little, my Mom used to send me off every Sunday to Sunday School. There was a bus that came around and picked us up, just like the school bus only it was white instead of yellow. It was for a Baptist church - even though we were Anglican.

Years later I figured out that once I got too old to plop in a high chair with a coloring book and some crayons, this was my Mom's way of guaranteeing some Sunday morning sexy time with my Dad

My Dad had this really cute little blue pick-up truck at the time.

Like this - only blue

Note the little hooky thingies. Those continue around the tail gate too, so you can tarp down your garbage when you're taking it to the Dump. Which was also one of my favorite places to go even if my Dad would never let me out of the vehicle so I could search for buried treasure.

I've always told myself that I picked that truck out. I have no idea why, but they had me with them while they were shopping used vehicles and that blue truck was the one I liked best. Why they had me with them, or why I liked it best. Considering it was a Ford built by Mazda and my Dad worked at Chrysler, it's a wonder they let him in the parking lot with it.

So there I am one Sunday getting dropped off by the Sunday School bus, and something exciting must have happened - maybe it was the Sunday they had me convinced that I could never really die because Jesus would bring me back to life - so I came running off of that bus to tell my parents about my morning.

All of a sudden my world went black.

When I came back to my senses, there was blood streaming down my face. I had run right into the back of that bright blue pick up. It's a wonder there wasn't a dent in the tail gate from my face. I had two black eyes from that incident. I guess I was lucky I didn't break my nose and have to wear that Phantom of the Opera face cast that a girl I went to school with wore after getting hit in the face by a baseball.

Must have been a big let-down for my mom after enjoying her child free Sunday morning. 

Also? Mom stopped sending me when I became too immersed in the whole resurrection thing - she was worried I would quit watching for cars when I crossed the street or something.

I think this counts as a for real Sunday Morning Nookie post, since there were no brakes bled in it.

Vote for me at Circle of Mom's Top 25 Funny Mom's contest. Maybe get your friends and family to vote too - since I'm way way down on the list. You can vote your favorites every day until February 13th. 

Follow Me On Facebook! 

24 comments:

  1. I'd say you saw the light, but obviously, you didn't if you didn't even see a pick up truck in front of your nose....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, never even saw it. I'm pretty sure I knocked myself out though.

      Delete
  2. Yeesh, that's awful! And how funny that your mom shipped you off on the bus to Sunday School. She was a clever woman :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it came to getting hers, my mother was endlessly creative.

      Delete
  3. There's something about children and large inanimate objects. I couldn't even count the number of times my son just walked into a wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest used to do the full frontal splat. It usually immediately followed no more than three running steps. I don't know what all he tripped over but I'm pretty sure a strand of hair was enough to do it. The list of things he didn't trip over would probably be shorter.

      Delete
  4. I'm also one of those people that runs face-first into everything...and I have a bunch of scars to prove it lol

    Very clever of your mom to put you on a bus to Sunday school so she could have adult-time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to figure it out. When she told me about the high chair and coloring books I put it all together.

      Delete
  5. My son is ALWAYS walking into things. Poles, trees, you name it.
    You poor thing! That sounded awful! (and can you imagine how disappointed your mom was when she realized her Sunday mornings were no longer going to be...fun?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure my mother figured out another plan - she was always on the look out for opportunity.

      Delete
  6. Digging for buried treasure at the dump. I might suggest that for our next family outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will forever be jealous of your family if you actually do this.

      Delete
  7. Ouch! Man that is a shocking tale:-) I wonder how many other moms have resorted to that little trick. And what would the Church Lady say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Church Lady from SNL used to crack me up. I wonder if I would even enjoy SNL now, or be like one of those old fuddy duddies grumbling that it isn't nearly as good as when I was young.

      Delete
  8. That must have been really painful. I almost feel bad laughing at the mental imagery you've provided me with of a small child running face-first into a parked vehicle.

    Almost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay. I was snickering while I typed it.

      Delete
  9. Did the pick-up scream "HEALED" and did you speak in tongues afterward?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember hearing any of that. I bet I was wailing too loud and drowned it out.

      Delete
  10. Ha! I loved this post for many reasons. One being that if I accidentally ever get knocked up, I now have two fool proof ways to still get it in while raising the child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that! Neither of my children were they type you could plop down with a coloring book and crayons. Or leave unattended. Ever.

      Delete
  11. Being Polish, blonde & female, I didn't walk into walls (or trucks) but I have always had a problem falling...UP stairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually quite skilled at falling up stairs as well.

      Delete
  12. OMG! Anglican? Kidding. lol. That was seriously hilarious. Not the blood part though. And I feel sort of sorry for you. I got to dig in the dump all the time when I was little. It was awesome! And wtf is with that truck? I didn't know it was a Mazda Ford...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was a Mazda Ford either until I looked it up. I do remember the shopping trip and saying how I liked the truck and my parents saying it wouldn't do. I get why now.

      I'm seriously jealous that you actually got to dig in the dump. Not fair.

      Delete